Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Adventures: Inn Work

*Blows at dust*
I suppose it's been a while...I keep telling myself to update, but even my new summer is now sweeping me away. I'm writing this from a hotel room in which I'm staying while I and my mom attend a home school convention. I'm here to attend a film camp. It should be exciting since I love film so much! The only prospect that doesn't thrill me is going from 9 A.M. to 5:30 P.M., all day. After camp on Saturday, we have to rush back home for graduation for our two seniors. Thrilling! And I'm just getting started.

The next morning, I leave for work at a Japanese Inn. No, not in Japan. In the middle of nowhere. Mountains, woods, a beautiful pond with ducks and geese, steamy hot springs to soak in after a long day of work...I'm going for two weeks, then almost a month a little later this summer. I get my own little apartment below the inn, with a kitchenette and a small bathroom. All to myself. My work will consist of basic chores like washing laundry, helping serve meals, cleaning the rooms, washing dishes, etc. Oh, and I must socialize with guests. Not too worried about that, except I tend to babble on and on about myself when I get too involved in socialization. Ah me, a paradoxical case for the stereotyping of the home schooled. Speaking of conversation, I'll also be boosting my Japanese speaking skills. I hope to speak Japanese fluently by the end of this year, if not the end of this summer! I'm pretty excited for this experience.

Ahh, to be away from socialization to work, think, and maybe even some video-edit (AMVs, most likely).

Well, I have to rise bright and early tomorrow in order for us to get a parking space at the convention center.
Ciao for now! Have a great summer, m'dears!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment