Sunday, October 2, 2011

Busy!

I haven't written here in a while. I've been unbelievably busy! Even now I should be studying...I have a calc test tomorrow afternoon. It seems like 24/7 I'm yawning and wishing that I was in bed. What's making it worse is this sudden cold weather. *shivers*

School has been going well, and I have a test coming up like I said. I started my Japanese class last Saturday, and it's a bucket of fun. My sensei, or teacher, is a short elderly Japanese native. Of course, Japanese can't pronounce "L," and since my name has two of them, she always pronounces it like Koreen-san*. All of her L's come out as an R sound, but I knew ahead of time about the L's and R's. It's perfectly fine with me, plus before class started, I was curious to how my teacher would deal with my name. Aside from that, she's pretty funny sometimes. For example, this past class six of us stepped up to the board to practice writing Hirogana. Once, when she rechecked someone's writing, she saw her own exemplified writing and exclaimed, "Good! That is much better!" Then she did a double-take and saw that it was her own hand-writing. "Oh, no wonder it is so good! That's mine!" Much laughter ensued. But she's a wonderful teacher with a good sense of lightheartedness. Oh yeah, it's an adult class and only two of us are gals. Everyone is so nice and loves to act my age.

That aside, well, not much else is going on. I should probably get back to studying before Awana tonight. Ugh.

~K

* -san is the Japanese honorific for Ms., Mrs., or Mr. Something like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment