Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rain Down

Whew! How about all of that rain we've been having? Talk about many natural disasters. First an earthquake, then a hurricane, and now flooding! Sheesh.

I went walking out in the rain a few times the day before yesterday, taking pictures and a video of the flooding in our yard. We had three rivers flowing through our yard, not including the drainage and sidewalks. I had to retrieve a garbage can from the curb, but doing so almost got me knocked off of my feet several times. As soon as I wrestled the current and can in my favor and retreated inside, Mom pointed out a huge branch that was blocking the water drainage at the curb. It was a fairly large branch, one that had fallen from our tree during Hurricane Irene. Darn. Out I went again, umbrella and all. The branch was harder to manage than the garbage can, but I finally dragged it back into our yard. After I finished, my clothes were soaking.

The next day (yesterday) as we drove home from an allergy treatment, we saw that a road that bridged a creek was partially destroyed. Mom, Shealinn, and I all wished we had a camera. The entire route home was still eventful with flooded roads though.

But now I'm thankful that the sun has decided to grace us with it's ever "sunny" presence, along with fluffy white clouds and a sapphire sky. However, now I wonder about the end times even more. Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, floods - they seemed so far away to me since this area doesn't experience those things very often. But after these recent events, well, it honestly frightens me. Nevertheless, I can't stop whatever God is planning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment